Our Alumni COMMUNITY
Once a Latymerian, always a Latymerian...
Whether you left the Latymer School five or fifty years ago, we are always delighted to hear from our former students! So please drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know your current contact details and what you have been up to.
As a Latymer Alumni, there is much you can do to keep involved with your old school. Perhaps you might be able to provide work experience for current students, or want to tell us about something that you have working on which could be of interest to our school community, or maybe you’re in position to consider donating money or your time to the school in some capacity...
But if you’re just in it for school reunions, keeping in touch with old friends and a continued interest in the school, that’s completely ok. Either way we would love to hear from you!
Launch of a new alumni network
We are delighted to announce the upcoming launch of Latymer Links, our new network for former students. For the Latymer School, it is crucial to maintain a good relationship with former students to:
- Bring the Latymer community together: help alumni stay connected with the school and each other to create a sense of shared history (e.g. school and social events, in person or virtual).
- Boost the employability of Latymer students (e.g. careers fair, mentoring).
- Provide an opportunity to give back (financial support, volunteering, in-kind gifts).
To make the above objectives possible and to ensure a joined-up approach to alumni relations within the school and its community, we are creating a Development & Alumni Relations Department within the school. This team will run Latymer Links with direct involvement from the Headteacher, to help anchor alumni relations at the heart of the school. We will be the unique point of contact for all former students, current students and teachers.
Our vision for Latymer Links is to create a global community of engagement, lifelong value and support to serve the diverse and evolving needs of each member of our alumni community.
We aim to foster a lifetime spirit of belonging and pride by connecting alumni, students, and friends to the Latymer School and each other.
From summer 2022, Latymer Links will offer free automatic enrolment to all former students. Whether you were a LOSA member or not, you will get free access to Latymer Links.
We will thrive to get all our alumni, no matter their age or experience, to be part of this new network.
- Existing LOSA members on a 5 or 20-year membership are offered a refund (pro rata of time left on membership). If you wish to receive this refund, email email@example.com by 5th September 2022.
- Life members won’t be offered a refund as the final Life Membership was purchased in 2002, so the LOSA committee felt that these members have had ‘value for money’ over the years.
In essence, current activities will continue in some format, and we hope that your experience will only be improved!
- Summer Reunion Day will benefit from wider advertising amongst the entire alumni community.
- We will produce a free termly e-newsletter from the autumn 2022. Please make sure we have a correct email address so you don’t miss out on the first issue!
- In the coming months, we will launch a new online community where you will be able to register for free and interact with other former students. One of the best ways to hear about our upcoming plans is to follow the Latymer School on LinkedIn or other social media channels.
- For the time being, the Top 80 Draw will continue to be drawn. Please see below for details on how to take part.
Over the coming months and years, we also want to develop new activities, which could include a mentoring scheme, networking events, etc. Watch this space for the future!
The Latymer School has been extremely fortunate to have had an enthusiastic and hard-working committee to run LOSA (Latymer Old Students' Association) over the years. Sadly it was proving extremely difficult to encourage younger Latymerians to join LOSA. Around half of LOSA members were aged 75+ and a traditional subscription / committee-based model was proving hard to sustain.
Action therefore needed to be taken to ensure that the Latymer School had a sustainable model for working with its former students. At LOSA’s AGM on 15th March 2022, LOSA members voted through a package of changes to pass the Alumni Relations baton to the School and Latymer Links.
We are really grateful for the overwhelmingly positive response we received to these plans. We would like to say a huge thank you to LOSA and its committee for their fantastic work over the years. The organisation may change but the Latymer spirit will remain alive within the Old Student / Alumni community!
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By post: Alumni Relations, The Latymer School, Haselbury Road, London N9 9TN
We look forward to welcoming you all within Latymer Links!
TOP 80 DRAW
- Guaranteed monthly prizes
- Only 80 tickets sold
- Open to LOSA members only
Prizes: 1st Prize £100 monthly, 2nd Prize £50 monthly, 3rd Prize £25 monthly.
Special Draws in July and December each year when the 1st Prize rises to £250
Entry: £5 monthly (by standing order) or £60 annually (payable by standing order or cheque to LOSA).
To enquire about available numbers please contact email@example.com
We have a small range of Latymer School merchandise for sale, such as pens, keyrings, pin badges and tea towels – please contact us for more information on price and availability.