Thank you for your interest in The Latymer School; choosing your child’s secondary school is one of the most important decisions you take as a parent and it is important that you are well informed.
The Open Evening will give you the opportunity to meet with Senior Staff both in an informal and formal setting, as there will be optional presentations during the evening, there will also be guided tours of the school which will include presentations and displays by individual departments.
For you, the most important part of the evening is seeing the school, talking to staff and students. If you are unable to fit the Senior Leadership and Student Presentations in to your visit, please do not worry they will also be available on the school website after the Open Evenings.
We look forward to meeting you and hope you will find the evening helpful in deciding the next stage of your child’s education.
Mrs Maureen Cobbett, Headteacher
- Guided tours led by students in Year's 10 and 12 will start at 4.30pm on both evenings (Wednesday 26th June 2019 and Thursday 27th June 2019). If you would like a guided tour, please go to the Small Hall on the evening where you will be allocated a tour guide. The last guided tour will leave the Small Hall at 7pm on both evenings. Parents/carers are welcome to look around the school without a guided tour (self-guide maps will be available on the evening).
- There will be department presentations or displays in classrooms throughout the evening.
- On both evenings there will be two opportunities to hear a presentation by senior staff and students in the Great Hall. The first presentation will start at 5pm and the second presentation at 6pm. These presentations will be recorded and made available on the school website (www.latymer.co.uk) for seven days after the open evenings. The presentations are optional.
- If you would like to attend one of the presentations, a ticket reservation form will be available from May 2019. A maximum of 3 seats can be reserved per family. Please bring the confirmation ticket with you on the evening.
- There is no need to book for the school tours.
Admissions arrangements for entry to Year 7 commencing September 2019
Monday 18 JUNE 2018
Applications for entry to Year 7 in 2019 are now closed.
Tuesday 5 June 2018
Please note that our registration form for 2019 entry will be live on our website from monday 18 june 2018 through to tuesday 3 july 2018.
we will not accept applications made through tutor group websites. To register for our tests you must use our offical registration form.
Friday 16 March 2018
Please 'click here' to view our determined admission arrangements for entry to Latymer in September 2019 (this applies to current Year 5 children only).
Admissions arrangements for entry to Year 7 commencing September 2020
Open Evenings & School Tours for current Year 5 children for entry to Year 7 in September 2020 are currently planned to be on Wednesday 26 June 2019 and Thursday 27 June 2019
We will publish further details on our open evenings and admissions once procedures are confirmed. Please view our website from March 2019 for up to date information.