Other ways to support
Become one of the Latymer Champions and help all the pupils to thrive!
Whilst regular giving, philanthropic donations and legacy giving are all essential components of our fundraising efforts, there are many other ways to support us. You can raise funds from online shopping, through payroll giving and even by putting on a special event.
The sky is truly the limit when it comes to fundraising ideas! If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact Beatrice Cami, Fundraising Manager, at email@example.com.
ZERO EFFORT FUNDRAISING VIA ONLINE SHOPPING
Shopping on Amazon
Instead of shopping on ‘www.amazon.co.uk’, use https://smile.amazon.co.uk/ and select The Latymer Foundation at Edmonton as your charity. You then shop as normal and we receive a 0.5% gift from everything you buy!
Shopping online via EasyFundraising
Turn your online shopping into free donations, at no cost to you, by using EasyFundraising. They have hundreds of retailers, including John Lewis, Ebay and Sainsbury’s. Whether you’re making a big purchase, or doing the weekly food shop, this is a great way to help out! It takes less than a minute to get started, so sign up today at www.easyfundraising.org.uk (select “The Latymer School, Edmonton”). Funds raised via this platform go to the Latymer Parents & Friends.
Companies often match the amount their employees donate to or raise for charity. So please ask your employer or your HR team if they run such a scheme as it could double the amount your donations!
It is a great way to make your money go further, and a regular donation to the Latymer Foundation costs less than you think! Donations are taken from your pay before tax. If you pledge to give £30 a month, it will only cost you £24 (for standard rate taxpayer). Talk to your HR team to set up your payroll giving today.
Charity of the Year
If your company has a Charity of the Year programme, please consider nominating the Latymer Foundation or let us know how we can apply directly. Our Fundraising Manager will work closely with your company to plan a calendar of fundraising, events and communications to bring our partnership to life. We will support all your activities and give inspirational ideas to help you reach your fundraising and CSR objectives.
Whether at work or with friends, the possibilities are endless - the main thing is to have fun!
- Hold a sport tournament. Encourage healthy competition across departments whilst team building! Netball, football, etc – choose one to suit all abilities. Get each player to donate as an entry fee.
- Host a quiz night. A fun night out and an easy way to raise money!
- Dress-down day: hold a dress-down (or up!) day at work and ask your colleagues to donate £1 to take part. It works on Zoom/Teams for those of you working from home.
- Card amnesty: get your friends to send you a donation instead of a card or present for your birthday.
- Virtual karaoke contest: for these “only in the shower” singers, sing to your heart content, all in the name of charity and from the comfort of your own home!
- Come Dine with Me: invite a group of friends over for dinner and ask them to donate whatever they think the meal was worth to the Latymer Foundation.
- Auction of services: get people to auction their services e.g. personal trainer, chef for a week, beauty therapy.